Tahko´s observation tower is located on the top of the slopes, right next to Pehkubar. Magnificent tower was opened in October 2019 and it will be open year-round.
The observation tower is 13 meters high and beside beautiful views it serves the skiers a starting platform for Special- slope. The tower has three floors and the top of the tower rises almost 200 meters above lake Syväri and offers great views. Views from the tower will change throughout the year but still stay breathtaking beautiful at all hours!
Routes to the tower
The address of the tower is same as Pehkubar´s, Pehkuntie 457, 73310 Tahkovuori. Tower is reachable by car or if you feel like hiking, take the marked routes.
Shortest routes to the tower in winter
- Skiers: Mainlifts ( 1 & 2 )
- By snowshoes or hiking, take the marked route Huutavanholma (distance 1,8km from the parking space of Tahkolaaksontie)
- Route stays open during the wintertime and snowshoes are not usually necessary.
- Snowmobile: Route Nipasen kota – Rahasmäen laavu, stop called Pehkubaari
- eFatbike: Take the winter cycling route from the Safarihouse
- By car: Pehkuntie 457, 73310 Tahkovuori. 13km from the center of Tahko.
During spring and autumn