Pilppa hut ‘Pilpan maja’ and ski cafe
Pilppa hut (Pilpan maja) is an outdoor lodge maintained by Puijon Latu ry in the Neulaniemi area. The area is a beautiful outdoor destination for the whole family throughout the year. Puijon Latu ry maintains a ski cafe at the lodge throughout the ski season. Ski, bike, walk, snowshoe or skate to the lodge’s fireplace and enjoy homemade treats, fresh coffee or hot cocoa.
In addition to the lodge, there are two lean-to shelters, a toilet, and a sauna in the yard. The lean-to shelters are available to all outdoor enthusiasts year-round between 7 am and 10 pm. Firewood can be found in the shed. The lean-to shelters can also be reserved for private use for a fee of 15€.
Pilppa hut and sauna are primarily used for the association’s own activities, but they are also rented for day use to external parties.
Ski Cafe opening hours
- The café will open on January 1st, 2024. The outdoor café is open on weekends and during the winter holiday weeks (weeks 8-10), also on weekdays from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Please note that changes are possible; check the opening hours at 040 537 8038 or from Pilpan reservation calendar – Puijon Latu ry.
How to get to Pilppa
Locationof Pilppa hut: Pilpantie 261, 70700 Kuopio
- Nearest parking area: Pilpantie 177, 70700
- Note! Pilpantie is narrow, but there are several parking areas along the way where you can give way to oncoming cars.
- From the parking area, the distance to the hut is 700m via a service road or 800m vie Pörrönpolku nature trail.
- Via Kolmisoppi-Neulamäki hiking trails, follow the “Pilppa” signs
- Ice skating or walking on the natural ice
- at your own risk!