Tahko’s latest natural attraction.
Location on map
One of Tahko’s secret gems has been opened for everyone
The magnificent and rocky gorge of Mäkiautio is a beautiful geological deposit. It is located 300 meters north from Panorama Bar & Café, near the top of the slopes of Tahko. The place has been challenging to reach and almost a hidden destination, but it has now been refurbished for everyone to experience.
About 150 meters of stairs and duckboards have been built in to the gorge and it is easy to visit from the Tahkomäki tour/ El Grande. At the bottom of the gorge is also a lovely shed, where you can stop for a break and enjoy your snacks at the campfire.
Mäkiautio campfire site
- At the bottom of the gorge is a campfire site (Pöllölaavu) with an amazing scenery
- Firewood are in the back of the shed
- Outdoor toilet
- The campfire site can be reached by hiking or mountain biking, and during the winter also by snowmobile. When moving around in nature, please remember:
- Respect the vegetation of the gorge
- Take the trash with you and leave the places tidy for the next visitors