Kuopio Art Museum
History and present of the visual arts
Kuopio Art Museum is located in the city center, at the intersection of Vuorikatu and Kauppakatu, in a former bank building.
Kuopio Art Museum is the regional art museum of Northern Savo Province. The museum responds for the visual art services, including exhibitions, research and documentation of visual arts in the area.
The art collection includes mostly Finnish art from the late 19th century to this day. Kuopio Art Museum presents continuously special exhibitions, mainly Finnish contemporary art like paintings, sculptures, installations, photographs and media art. The main themes of the museum’s collections and exhibitions are landscape and nature, and the relationship between man and his environment.
- Tickets 10/6€
- Lower price for:
- students, draftees, conscientious objectors, unemployeds, retirees, with European Youth Card
- groups of five or more, when one person is paying or when the payment is invoiced
- Free entry!
- under 18 years old, school groups, war veterans
- with a personal assistant
- professionals and students of visual arts, students of museology
- guests of the museum, staff of other museums