During winter time, Kuopio has several outdoor ice rinks and frozen lake available for ice skating. You can also visit the local ice halls during any season.
Long natural ice skating track on the lake Kallavesi
Every year, Kuopio hosts the Finland Ice Marathon, an international event where athletes from around the world come meet and compete on great Lake Kallavesi. Track made for the event is on use of anyone for free (closed for free skating during the event). Track is located in passenger harbour of Kuopio. In the harbour there is also a skate rental point and skating cafeteria.
Skating Café M/S Queen R
- Skating Café will be opened at the same time as the ice skating track.
- Open every day on high season ( weather permitting ), and for groups on request.
- Follow the information on Kuopio Roll Cruise´s Facebook
Ice skate rental
- Equipment rental works in M/S Queen R and is usually open at the same time as the Café
- Follow the information on Ice Skate Rental´s Facebook
Rental prices ( 2016-2017 )
- Boots & blades 15 € / hour
- Blades 7,50 € / hour
- Boots 7,50 € / hour
- Kick sled 7,00 € / hour
- Skis 7,00 € / hour
- Kickspark 10 € / hour
- Sticks 1,00 € / hour
- New prices will be updated before skating season 2017-2018
Skating Café and Ice Skate Rental are open as long as the natural skating tracks are open on the Lake Kallavesi.